This week I had the privilege to be in attendance at 2 funerals, to celebrate the lives of two men I admired very much.
The first was Les, the husband of my childhood piano teacher, a dear member of our ward and a friend to all who knew him. He found the love of his life late in his years and spent every day showing her how much she meant to him. He was a fine example of changing your life for the better, and he will be missed greatly by those close to him.
The second was a client of mine, I was able to visit with David almost daily to help him with anything he needed, which was never very much, but it was a privilege to know him for the little time I did and i'm excited to see him again in the next life and hear the stories he had yet to tell me. David was confined to a wheelchair but I never heard him complain, it was a joy to work with him.
Im so grateful for the knowledge that I have of God's Plan of Salvation, and the comfort it brings to know that this life is not the end, that we are only parted for a time before we meet again to spend the eternities together. Thank heavens for that, and thanks heavens for these beautiful people who make life so worth being a part of.
Until we meet again.



No comments:
Post a Comment